Monday, January 19, 2009

Christmas, Washington Style

Now that we’re back and in the swing of things again, I thought to share a post on our time in Washington with the Deharts.

First of all, we had such an amazing time! I can’t even begin to tell you how great his family was to me, and to us. The food, laughs, conversation and company were so memorable. Although the daily dose of rain, fog and snow-packed roads caused us to be more strategic in our plans going from house to house to celebrate the holiday, we somehow got around and spent quality time catching up on everyone’s lives. Was great hearing about Boompa’s history through pictures and seeing so much of everyone. I think we got the most we could out of our days spent there. Grandma Dana, we had so much fun with you, and thanks for being so sweet! Christmas Washington style was a blast, and we’ll never forget it. Hope to have many more like it!

I especially enjoyed hanging with my new cousins and Aunts & Uncles, fish-tailing down the unplowed streets, and eating Bruno’s pizza with Rob. Was awesome seeing his Washington friends, and reuniting with hugs!

Other things I appreciated about my trip:

Hanging with our fun cousins. Sadly, it made me wish I was in high school or college again: to play harder in basketball, to have been nicer to my parents, to not of been friends with some people, and to have gotten more out of those experiences all together! It’s so depressing how fast time flies. Now I’m 25 and being pressured to have babies! AGH. How can I think about having a kid when I still want to be one!

Some pictures to remember:











Our busty snow-woman, Shaniqua. Riley and Rob, the minds behind it:



Tayler… I just LOVE my sister (in-law). We're getting to be even more inseparable!



Lots of Robby time, without the stress of our busy schedules!



Zappos’ strategic placement of their ads, in airport bins:




Here are some snow shots:





Was the whitest, greenest landscape one could see, LOL!

I came home with a bit of a cold, which even to this day I’m still trying to fight off with a cough here and there. Guess that’s what a lay-over in LA gets you!

Fortunately next time we visit it will be in May for Troy and Kaylyn’s wedding. I can’t wait! The weather should be beautiful!

Now it’s back to work and Toastmasters, and work and school for Rob. I had leadership training in Phoenix this past weekend with a woman I really appreciate. Her name is Liz, our club VP of Education, and previously our President. She is so knowledgeable about Toastmasters, and motivated to make our club the best it can be. I came away from the training with a bundle of ideas to bring in new members, and retain. I’m so excited to be our VP of PR for the next 6 months. Let me know if you’d like to come to a meeting one night! It’s absolutely FREE to visit as a guest, and you can be a guest for as many times as you want. We meet every Thursday at 7:00 p.m. in downtown Gilbert.

Have a great week!

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio