Thursday, January 22, 2009

The COKE COW recipe

I used my new crock pot (thanks, Grandma Margie!), invited my parents over for my experiment, and tried a recipe from my friend Bridgette at work. She’s brilliant! And expecting… I’m so exited for her!

After a trip to Fry’s for all the spices I didn’t have, and 5 hours of slow cooking, the result was amazing! One of the most delicious meats I’ve ever tasted!!!!!!!!!!!!! I felt so accomplished after, and my parents thought I was a chuck roast expert! Rob loved it, too!

Here is the recipe for you to try in your homes ASAP!

Coke Cow

3/4 cup coca-cola
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
1 tablespoon vinegar
1 1/2 pounds chuck roast
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 onions, chopped
1 teaspoon OR 1 cube beef bouillon
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
2 tablespoons butter

In a bowl, combine cola, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, garlic, bouillon, mustard, chili powder, red pepper, ketchup and butter. Place meat and onions in crock pot and pour liquid. Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours or on high for 5-6 hours.
It’s GREAT with mashed potatoes, or shredded up as a sandwich.

Enjoy!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds delicious, Cheryl! :-)

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio